Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Quandry

This afternoon when PackRat and I were working in a small town north of Fresno, I ran into an old friend. I really like/love this friend and respect her tons. She has been my mentor for years, and is a great sparing partner for political and religious discussions.

My quandry is this. She is gay. Not particularly open about it, and I have a feeling that she isn't open is because of her profession. Gay-ness is not readily accepted in all fields of endevors. As I saw she and her partner today, I got to thinking about the "Gay Marriage Issue" Generally, I'm against Gay Marrage per se...however to award them civil rights through a civil ceremony seems only right to me. These two ladieshave been partnered up for atlteast 10 years. Many marriages dont last that long!

If they were to have a ceremony, I can easily expect that I orld get an invitation. I'm not sure that I can attend--wouldn't that be putting a stamp of approvial to a gay invtation?

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See blog for a comment on this one. I was going to write it here, but it got a bit long.

-Oink

 

Post a Comment

<< Home