Sunday, October 02, 2005

If My Body Was A Model T

I have pulled this post. As you can see from the comment below, I was contacted today in a rather rude manner regarding it. After considerable time searching the internet to connect the post to the author named below, I was unable to do so. The only "Hits" I got were on Lists--and all claimed "author unknown." As I have no desire to be sued for 'everything I own" (which, as anyone who is interested enough to read this already knows) consists of my 5 children...and about $5. in the bank lol, I endeavored to link to the post to author. To this end, I called the newspaper named below. I do not think I would have wasted quite so much time on the phone while they looked it up, if she would have bothered to put the original title to it. Since I asked how much they would pay me if I were to submit an article, I can guess that I have spent about 10 times more today trying to track down and verify the authenticity of her claims that she was originally paid. So, I thought it was cute, but certainly not THAT cute! Also, as I am well aware, this blog is read by exactly 3 people--those of my children who have access to the internet--I can only assume that this person has no other life than surf the internet looking for schumucks to hassle. I do wonder, however, how she will ever find everyone who passes it around as "author unknown" as it came to me.

Ok, so this is a direct "steal" from one of my friends. I haven't a clue who wrote it, and it undoubtedly has made the rounds online, but it is a cute bit ....

ps I changed the title, because I certainly don't want to be sued in case she had nothing better to do than copyrite the title (can you even do that???).

If My Body Was a Model T

***Ok, here is where you liken yourself to an old Model T! lol***

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Memory Keeper said...

Here's the deal...As you can plainly see, I was contacted by one, Linda S. Amstutz, who claimed ownership of this article. I attempted twice to contact her through responding to the email which she wrote to me directly. Both times the message came back "Failed" I have offered to remove the post, if she so wishes, but I would really like to have direct communication with her. Perhaps she will again contact me with an address which works?

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Memory Keeper said...

Message to Memory Keeper -- Please contact me about the essay "If my body was -----." (October 2 Blog) I wrote this essay in 2003 and it was originally published in (a local newspaper). Subsequently, I obtained a registered copyright for this work. Use of this copyrighted material, without my written permission, is an infringement of the federal copyright law. Please contact me via email. Thank you. Linda S Amstutz.

10:18 AM

***Note: I have edited this post to remove all references to the orig. work and the newspaper named. If someone is interested enough to look it up, good luck! Since I never was able to connect the work to any author through online searches****

 

Post a Comment

<< Home