Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Babysitter Story

It is truly funny (as in peculiar, not ha-ha) what triggers a memory.

Sunday my sister and I were visiting with another lady. We were talking about how our parents picked our individual names. Her mother loved Debbie Reynolds, so our friend was named Deby, and her sister was named Tammy.

This enabled my sister and me of our first babysitter--Debbie Reynolds. Yep, the moviestarDebbieReynolds. She lived right behind us in North Hollywood. My sister has better memoires of her than i do, since we left North Hollywood when I was 9, my sister was 12, and Debbie Reynolds was probably about 20, and no longer babysitting us.

We were blessed to have been raised by parents who embraced diversity and allowed us to see all people as equals; that those who are "great" are no "greater" than anyone else. Those "great" people often have made different choices which allowed more "success". Even though those people who don't achieve "greatness" because of their own choices, or circumstances beyond their control are no less "great" in the eyes of their loved ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home