Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Naming

This might be a good place to “name” my children for the purpose of this blog. They will be represented by an animal which I believe most closely matches their personality. (For dd#1, this is on pg 46 of the book she gave me a couple of years ago).

For said dd#1, I have to pick a sheep. She is a follower, and not always a wise one. I realize that the oldest child should be a strong personality, which she is not. She is a kind, loving individual and a good mommy. Right now she is also a black sheep. She needs to remember that Christ loves her no matter what choices she makes. She needs to follow her Shepherd.

Number 2 dear daughter would be a fox. This is because a fox is the only animal that I know of that would bite her leg off to save her life. If she is caught in a trap, she will do whatever she can to save herself. She is also a good mommy. She is smart, but allows herself to be “hounded” by outside influences.

Our middle child, daughter #3 is definitely a pig. This is taken from Animal Farm (one of my favorite books)—where all animals are equal, except pigs are more equal than others! LOL. This is not a bad thing. She is an achiever and works hard for that which she has. She also makes generally great personal choices.

Child #4 is our only boy. I would pick a Draft Horse for him. He is a hard worker, and his lot in life is probably to do just that. He loves the out-of-doors and is not afraid to put his shoulder to the wheel.

Child #6 (yes, I skipped one) is DraftHorse’s wife. She is a treasure…so I would say she is a Bee. A worker bee, because she works so very hard, and ‘stings’ DraftHorse into action!

Child #5 is our youngest. She is spoiled, and a bit lazy. I would call her a poodle. A lot of fluff, and not much work! LOL She does work hard, though. She goes to City College and works full-time as a bagger for a large grocery chain. She is also a social animal who loves people.

Now onto Dear Hubby. There is no other animal to describe him other than Pack Rat! Anyone who has stepped into our bedroom and has witnessed “The Pile” knows exactly what I’m talking about.

Anyone reading this post might think that I do not love my family. Quite the contrary...I adore them. They are each unique and enrich my life. I have always referred to my children as the "jewels" in my crown. They certainly are.

I wonder what animal my children would peg me to be?

Probably a carp, but I really don't want to know!

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cod fish, mommy. Nothing else would do. ;)
-oink

 

Post a Comment

<< Home