Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Beginning First

When my resident computer geek (Granola Girl) first shared her blog with me, I loved the sharing of her thoughts. It wasn't very long before I was surfing around and found a few other blogs that I enjoyed reading. Granola Girl came "home" this weekend for my step-father's funeral, and I asked her to help me set up my own blog.

I enter the computer world with much fear, and Granola Girl/mom hand-holding. Change is difficult for me, but I try to face those fears.

And now to the reason for the existence of the blog--It is purely selfish. I would like to indulge in the typical grandmother's rite of memory rambling. Hence the title of Memory Keeper. However, as in the book, The Giver , some of us hold the memories of our families. Unlike that book I wish to share those memories with those around me that we might learn from the past and hopefully change the future--not to a Utopian existence, but to building a better future.

Remember that we are always making those memories--each and every day. Oh that those memories make us better people and improve the lives of those around us.

--Memory Maker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home