Friday, October 16, 2020

Keeping on keeping on

For someone who felt as though she never moved, I seem to have picked up that habit.  Dear Husband passed away January, 2019.  The house I loved is much to large for me to keep up so I made the decision to move from a 3-bedroom/1 1/2 bath with a lovely front and back yard to a one-bedroom apartment.  Much of my things are still in a storage unit, which is costing me an arm and a leg.  However, I also totaled the car and then voluntarily gave up driving.  It has been a real challenge not being able to just hop in a car and bring home a box or 2.  Additionally, the COVID-19 restrictions have made it tricky to ask friends to venture out and bring things here.  Eventually, I keep telling myself......

Living alone is a love/hate thing for me.  I lived alone for many years during and after college, but DH and I were married 43 years, and having my Champion by my side was comforting and fun.  I miss just hanging out with him.  On the other hand, I can't complain about anyone else's messes, can I?  Not many places to hide the junk in 750 sq feet.  I have learned to purge and keep purging.  Thankfully, I found a good home for many of my Church Resource books.  That same person is happy to take much of my collection of old books--from 1920s to ??  They are a gift to her, as she is like another daughter to me. Much of my quilting material and quilting frame have gone to Church friends who can still hold a needle.  Being able to thread a needle even with the aide of glasses and a magnifiying glass is frustrating.  I was always afraid of this Arthritis which afflicted my grandmother and mother.  Yep, time passes and so do talents.  I spend my days documenting the stories of my Ancestors and our family through Geneology and scrapbooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home